|Home » State Bank of India » Mobile Banking|
SBI Mobile Banking
In addition to the internet based banking, SBI enables their customers to conduct transactions in their respective account via advanced mobile handsets. The service is termed as "SBI Mobile Banking" or pocket banking. It is a very beneficial service started by the bank under the name "State Bank Freedom" – which as per the name rightly provides the convenience and freedom of doing transactions and transferring money to a desirable location at the sweet whim of the customer at any time and from any place. It is a safe and convenient way to access your accounts from your mobile phone. Online privacy practices and Mobile Banking Guarantee at SBI ensures hassle free banking services and peace of mind.
How to use SBI Mobile Banking
In order to enjoy the pocket banking service of SBI, one needs to register with the bank by applying and filling up an application form. The service can be used via three modes:
1) Mobile Banking Service over Application/Wireless Application Protocol (WAP): Users who have java-enabled handsets (which uses .jar file) or Android smart phones can avail benefits of this banking facility after downloading the application onto their phones. Also non-java or other users can avail this facility via WAP with GPRS connection on their handsets. Following are the services you can take advantage of through this mode:
2) Mobile Banking Service over SMS: Any handset user whether java or non-java enabled can use this service through ordinary sms facility. Normal sms charges approx. Re.1/- per sms would be applicable for availing mobile banking service and this may vary for different providers like reliance gsm, vodafone etc. Customers can use various sms keywords to get balance details & other information on their phone. List of keywords are available at the website of the bank. The following are some of the services user can take benefit of via sms facility:
- Customer can enquire balance available in the account and can get information on latest transactions details.
- Transfer of Funds within and outside the bank to third party.
- Can place a request for Cheque Book.
- Enquire about Demat account holding with the bank.
- Avail Interbank Mobile Payment Services (IMPS).
- Can use Bill Pay service for payment of Utility bill, credit cards, Donations, Subscriptions, etc.
- Can top up mobile and other m-commerce transactions like top up of Tatasky, Sundirect, and DishTV etc.
- Also can pay SBI Life insurance premium payments.
- Balance Enquiry and Mini Statement request.
- Mobile and DTH Top up.
- Remittance of funds with the help of mobile handsets.
- Place a request for a new MPIN password in case user forgot it.
3) Mobile Banking Service over USSD : Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) service launched in 2010 enables any handset user to avail the mobile banking service irrespective of java and GPRS connection. Also, there is no need to download the banking application software in this case. The priceless services which customers can avail are listed below:
The registration and activation process for this service is quite simple and consists of two steps:
- Enquiry Services like Balance Enquiry and latest transactions held.
- Mobile Recharge.
- Funds Transfer within the bank only.
(1) Over Mobile Handset.
(2) At SBI Branch or ATM.
First of all, desired user needs to get User ID or mmid and default MPIN and then change MPIN and the second step after validation of mobile handset is to visit either the branch of your primary account for filling up required application form which can also be downloaded from the official website in pdf format or visit any nearest ATM and follow the instructions after swiping Debit Card & Selecting ‘Mobile Registration’ to get the process completed.
For more information, latest news, and updates related to mobile banking service or solution for any query, customers can visit the website of the bank on which they can also go through the demo tool or FAQ section which guides them on how to use mobile banking or can contact customer care unit at toll free helpline number 1800-11-2211.
SBI Mobile Banking Application Download
Users having mobile devices which are GPRS enabled can directly download State Bank Freedom application to their handsets by visiting http://mobile.onlinesbi.com. Also user can download the application manually on their desktop as well and then transfer it to their mobile phones via suitable mechanisms like data cable, PC Suite, Bluetooth. Please note that customers who are using android phones can login and download the bank’s application from android market and iphone users need to wait for sometime as State Bank Freedom application will be launched soon at apple app store, till the time they can use it via WAP.
The State Bank Freedom Application is handset specific. The bank has tried its best to include most of the handsets in its mobile banking domain. The customer can find the exhaustive list of handsets compatible with mobile banking free software download on the official website of SBI. The user can download application for Samsung, LG, Blackberry, Motorola, Micromax, and software for Nokia devices like Nokia x2, 5130, 5530, 7210 etc. online. If the client doesn’t find their handset model in the list, they can download a generic version which works in all mobiles except touch screen mobile phones. The procedure specified for software free download should be followed. In case the aforesaid procedure causes any problem in downloading or running the application software, you can send an email describing the problem to email@example.com.
SBI Mobile Banking Customer Care
SBI has a dedicated customer redressal unit which are always on their toe to help customers. They are efficient and well equipped both in technical and practical aspects to tackle even worst situations. For complaints/queries/reviews related to any service or facility of Mobile Banking, branch codes required for remittance, deregistration or deactivation customer can send email at following email addresses:
|Funds Transfer Transactions, Transactions through IMPS, Mobile Top up Transactionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Other Major Complaintsemail@example.com|
In case, any customer is facing any problem related to technical errors like error code 943 or any error code, application not working properly, they can contact the customer care representative at toll free number 1800-425-3800 to get assured troubleshooting for your query.